Sexual Offences Guideline: Exploitation offences
This is part of a wider consultation on a new guideline for sentencing sexual offences.
This section deals with offences concerning the commercial sexual exploitation of both adults and children. The offences that will be dealt with in this part of the consultation are:
Sexual exploitation of adults
- Causing or inciting prostitution for gain
- Controlling prostitution for gain
Keeping a brothel
Sexual exploitation of children
- Paying for the sexual services of a child
- Causing or inciting child prostitution or pornography
- Controlling a child prostitute or a child involved in pornography
- Arranging or facilitating child prostitution or pornography
- Trafficking into the UK for sexual exploitation
- Trafficking within the UK for sexual exploitation
- Trafficking out of the UK for sexual exploitation
These guidelines do not deal with wider prostitution offences such as soliciting but focus instead on offences where the victim has been sexually exploited by others for commercial gain.
There is a degree of overlap between the exploitation of prostitution offences and trafficking and the Council has been mindful of this when considering the factors involved in both.
The draft guidelines are for offenders who are 18 years of age and over.
You will be able to save and return to your consultation at any time until you submit it. To enable this, you will need to submit your email address in the first section of the consultation.